Friday, November 23, 2007

At This Point

This semester,
I did very badly for my coursework;
It was the worst ever coursework marks I got in my life;
But I thought I have done my best last-minute exam revision yet.

I felt weird,
Up until now, I've gotten away with good final revisions;
But this is it, my finals won't save it this time;
It is just too much to ask for good grades.

I'm scared like a person who has just committed a crime;
It's only time before my results come to light;
And I get seriously screwed for my laziness.

I know my parents will not raise their voices at me;
Yet I still fear their reactions;

I ultimately fear not doing well;
I fear that I'm being faced by the limit of my abilities.

At this point, I'm dead scared of my results which I will soon collect;
At this point, I'm more convinced that I have only mediocre intellect.

Maybe it's good;
Maybe I'll emerge more humble.
But,
Who would pay the price of fine wine for plain water?
I doubt I'm willing.

No comments: