Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Female promoters in Maxis Tower

Maybe they had this for quite some time already, but I've just noticed that they had A LOT of female promoters in the customer service center in Maxis Tower next to the Petronas Twin Towers. No, I'm not talking about counter staff. They are all just standing around. 2 of them are stationed to the left and right of the entrance to say "welcome" and "thank you" to customers.

It seems like its so easier to get a job if you're female than male. The above is 1 example. Promoters are mostly female. A lot of jobs don't have women but (most at least) is really because women don't want those jobs. Jobs like taxi, bus and truck drivers, and window cleaners (of high-rises); you rarely see women and it's really because women themselves don't want these jobs. I myself have not seen a women bus/truck/taxi driver in my whole life in Malaysia.

And then you can't help but wonder; considering that the amount of men and women mobile subscribers are almost equal, shouldn't they put an equal of amount of male promoters to female promoters? I got no idea if men do really get more easily aroused than women (and I doubt I'll ever do for the rest of my life), but I do know that such has been so established, socially..

Assuming that's indeed correct, then the reason why there's always an abundance of sexy female promoters around, and a lack of sexy male promoters; is because males are more sexually inclined than females.

As a male, I find this pretty unfair. Hmmm...

No comments: