Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Overheard from bus station - crime

I overheard this from the bus station, spoken by a Caucasian expatriate:
It's much more safer here than in Bangkok


Things aren't as bad as everyone think they are here. Too many people are pulled to this trend to change, just because. Changing for the better is a definite good, but I just don't like it when Malaysians put it like its gonna be doom.

I don't believe it's so, at least won't if they cut those oil subsidies.

Also by an expatriate

Not a crime at all to work towards your own standards. In fact I think all nations should aspire for a zero crime level. However; you're saying the current gov't is doing a bad job because of the crime rate? How do you compare this? They're doing bad because it's not zero? Would someone else do better? The only comparison is to other countries, and in that regard I would suggest the Malaysian gov't is doing quite well.

No comments: