Monday, March 3, 2008

Phone gone

My mobile phone just died. It refuses to start, making a buzzing sound when I switch it on only to go dead the next second. I've got no idea what I should feel. My phone is old and I want to change it badly. Just that I'm really not into asking my parents for money.

Which leaves me with the option of buying one myself. I've got the money for a not-too-fancy one but I was thinking - if my dad founds out that I've not been telling him about this, he may feel that I'm leaving him out from my life again. I'm not in too good terms with my dad. We no longer disagree because we simply haven't expressed any discussion-worthy opinions but this only means that we are talking less now.

Admittedly I'm a bad child. I don't listen to my parents all the time, but I try to make them happy at least on the more simple things like running errands. I can't help to disagree with my mom and dad on a lot of things but I just hope that there's enough of those 'smaller things in life' to give me the chance to at least make them remotely happy.

Which is why I don't know if I want to tell my dad about my broken phone. I don't want to take his money on things I don't have to. Yet I don't want to make him feel bad...

2 comments:

J said...

Hmm, bring it up in your next conversation but tell him that you can deal with it yourself since you have enough savings?
Just a suggestion.

Calf said...

haih... if I'm gonna tell my dad anyway, why don't just ask him to pay?

but I may do exactly just what you said... did that for my glasses many times...