Thursday, April 10, 2008

At the bus station

Yesterday at the bus station, I was waiting for the few buses parked there to move. There is this Chinese woman who went up this stationary bus that had no one inside yet. Then after some time, a Malay man went up the same bus. Now the bus had only 2 persons in it - the Chinese woman and the Malay man.

Then after some time, I realized both of them were talking. I thought "hmmm, Malay guy interested with the Chinese girl". They were sitting one seat away from each another.

Then the funny thing is, as I was boarding the bus, this Malay woman in front of me had no change, showing a RM10 note instead. The bus driver asked her to change with the nearby stalls (they aren't so near really). So I just gave him a RM1 note and she used it for the bus ticket.

People must be thinking "hmmm, Chinese guy interested with Malay girl".

Later she insisted to change the RM10 she had with me, but I had no change and told her to keep the bus fare instead.

Why had I helped her? There was once I was in a similar situation with no change. Bus driver asked me to change at the nearby stalls, but the bus drove away as I was changing (the walk is quite far and takes at least a full minute). There was also this once where sitting as a passenger, I saw the bus do exactly the same thing to another man, cruising away after sending the man to get small change.

Of course being the clumsy me, on another day, I had again boarded a bus with no small change. This time however, a man (college kid) paid the RM1 fare for me. Like the woman above, I asked to change with him, but he insisted that it is ok. I owe this guy a lesson learned.

No comments: