Friday, April 25, 2008

Hangover

I had my first ever dose of alcohol at Redang. It was 5 shots of Chivas Regal, a type of whiskey, 4 of which undiluted.

Did not turn red for the night. I thought it would be ok. Noticed that whenever I bend, I would lose balance and had to support myself with my hands. Could still walk straight though.

The next morning, I felt perfectly fine. Had a bumpy boat-ride off the island. Some people puked. I was still fine... until the bus ride back to Kuala Lumpur where I had a fever half way.

To not let my parents suspect that I had alcoholic beverages while with my friends, I did not call them to fetch me at the bus stop. I took the train commuters home.

My friends told me that hangovers show immediately after waking up from the previous night's drink. I searched the net today and wikipedia said it can happen up to the third day.

I doubt I'll have any of them again for a very very long time. They don't taste that great. Their after-effects are even worse. This morning, on the day after the bus-ride, I can still smell the stench of whiskey up my nostrills.

No comments: